Re: [Groff] Refer and mysterious comma

From: Patrik Schindler
Subject: Re: [Groff] Refer and mysterious comma
Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 17:45:32 +0100

Hello Werner,

Am 23.01.2011 um 15:51 schrieb Werner LEMBERG:

Here, please.  This is for groff 1.19.2!  Hope it applies cleanly to
1.21.

Thanks!  Unfortunately, I believe that there are some errors in your
patch:

Hm, this is interesting, since for me it works. I proposed a localized german version but since you wanted a patch, I redid Tadzius proposals and fixed the last glitches.

to typeset the title with italics.  Why?

To be honest: Because I could. :-)

It's a basic design decision of the -me macros to use quotes, and I don't want to change this
default.

OK. I didn't want to offend with this. Sorry for being so careless.

For your other thoughts: I understand to some extend but not completely. I'm sorry. See below.

Now that I've looked into the details more closely, I could fix all of this by myself.

Thanks.

However, I think it's a good idea to make *you* learn to fix it correctly :-)

To be honest, I really tried, also with your rfloat proposal but it seems I'm just not programmer enough to decode the many backlashes, asterisks, braces and often single characters into something meaningful to me without investing ten times more time someone seasoned would need. Not to mention to fix eventual errors, translate back (and introduce new errors). Sorry. I'll never be more than an ordinary user, I think.

Finally, I ask you to provide a proper ChangeLog entry.

I don't think that I should get credits for something proposed by Tadziu and fixed by yourself eventually.

:wq! PoC