Re: [Groff] groff.texinfo - section 5.21 - sentence difficult to

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] groff.texinfo - section 5.21 - sentence difficult to
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 11:25:58 -0000 (GMT)

On 22-Jan-11 11:03:47, Deri James wrote:

>> > It was the same thing for me, I couldn't exactly understand this
>> > until I saw examples in om.tmac.
>>
>> Any improvement in the wording is highly welcomed.
>>

>>     Werner
>
> Well, I'm welsh! How about:-
>
> "If the optional second argument to de is present it is used
> as the macro closure command instead of `..'"
>
> Cheers
> Deri

Iechyd da! That looks good. I'd perhaps suggest "request" rather
than "command" (in line with basic groff terminology):

  "If the optional second argument to de is present it is used
  as the macro closure request instead of `..'"

Ted (Saesneg).

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 22-Jan-11                                       Time: 11:25:54