[Groff] groff.texinfo - section 5.21 - sentence difficult to understand

From: Ralph Graulich
Subject: [Groff] groff.texinfo - section 5.21 - sentence difficult to understand
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2011 01:19:37 +0100

Hello troffers!

English is not my native language, so please take this into account.

In the current edition of groff.texinfo (Edition 1.21, Winter 2010) it reads
unter section '5.21 Writing Macros':

        "The optional second argument to de changes this to a macro to ‘.end’."

For me this sentence is difficult to understand, although the meaning is
obvious. It means that the optional second argument to de changes this to a
macro definition until the request '.end' is encountered instead of the default
'..'.
I can't decide if the sentence as it is currently printed in the manual is
perfectly understandable for a native speaker... if so, please disregard this
mail. ;)

Best regards
Ralph