Re: [Groff] Refer and mysterious comma

From: Patrik Schindler
Subject: Re: [Groff] Refer and mysterious comma
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2011 17:36:46 +0100

Hello,

Am 05.12.2010 um 01:04 schrieb Tadziu Hoffmann:

These are not critical.  They occur because -me "clears" all
relevant strings before formatting a new reference, and groff
warns you if you try to remove a string or macro that doesn't
exist.

Perhaps this now broken with the new macro? I can see that the reference string for %S is now output everytime after the first reference has been placed in the text which is using %S.

Placing empty %S statements into the reference file doesn't change anything. Seems that %S won't be cleared between individual reference outputs. I can only observe this with %S but can't find any obvious reason.

I'm using this definition:

.\" Redefine "article-in-book" references macro
.de [3
.(f
.ip "\\*([F.\0"
\\*([A\c