Re: [Groff] Refer and mysterious comma

From: Patrik Schindler
Subject: Re: [Groff] Refer and mysterious comma
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:22:42 +0100

Hi Tadziu,

Am 30.12.2010 um 21:36 schrieb Tadziu Hoffmann:

- space between %D and a following comma from %P.
- space before the full stop when %P is not used.

try following the date with a "\c", too:

  \\*([D\c

Thanks very much for that! With your explanation regarding \c, it's now clear how this works out!

For aesthetics you might also want something like

 .tr -- \}

if you have page ranges specified as "78-85".

Thanks also. I incorporated this but since I'm only providing start pages, it's of no use for me.

Werner, any Ideas if and how to integrate this "fix" into e.tmac? I can provide diffs so at least the english version will work out right. Any ideas how to provide proper german refer support (if that is wanted within groff)?

:wq! PoC