Re: [Groff] caching result of charinfo::get_flags

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] caching result of charinfo::get_flags
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 06:50:56 +0100 (CET)

>> BTW, profiling shows indeed that calling `get_flags' uses far too
>> much time.
>
> Maybe the look-up algorithm of `get_flags' (without caching) could
> also be optimized.  IIUC currently it does not sort/merge the ranges
> and check all of them linearly.

Certainly, but for the current state, I think this isn't necessary.
It might be worth to look at it eventually, since everything which
makes GNU troff faster is good...

Please test the current CVS.  If there are no calls to `.class' (which
is the default), there should be virtually no penalty in speed.