[Groff] Order of preprocessing

From: Efraim Yawitz
Subject: [Groff] Order of preprocessing
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 14:24:23 +0200

Hi,

I'm trying to include a file with a macro which contains a string in UTF-8,
but if I just run:

groff -k myfile

the file I included with .so does not get preprocessed with preconv.  Even
if I run:

groff -s -k myfile

preconv is run before soelim.  The code at the top of groff.cpp says:

const int PRECONV_INDEX = 0;
const int SOELIM_INDEX = PRECONV_INDEX + 1;
etc.

which causes preconv to be called before everything else.  Of course I can
just make the pipe manually:

soelim myfile | preconv | groff

but I'm wondering what the logic is behind this order.

Thanks,

Ephraim