[Groff] Re: Problem with devtag macros?

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: [Groff] Re: Problem with devtag macros?
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:37:50 +0300

Myself:

> The  problem is that the .tag request confuses the
> .br request.

I do not understand why the output of a  tag-unaware
device can depend on tags. I still think it is a bug
or a design problem.

I have successfully used input  line  traps  to  fix
this  for  my  particular task (no drawing requests,
multicolumn output  and  complicated  nested  diver-
stions),  but I couln't derive a generic criteria to
determine whether a .tag request has been called  so
it could be handled specially in .SP to stop it from
generating excess vertical space...

Anton