[Groff] Underlining/refer anomaly update

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: [Groff] Underlining/refer anomaly update
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2010 20:53:57 -0400

Still working on an update of the mom macros.

The question I had about diversions spitting out a blank page when
the last line of the div falls on the last line of the page turned
out not to be related to diversions, but rather to an anomaly in
refer.  At least, so I gather, since the behaviour cropped up with
refer usage in a non-diversion context.

Since the problem has never been raised on the list, I can't swear
the oddity is with refer.  It could be something in om.tmac.  I've
just spent a couple of days going over my code and couldn't find
anything amiss, but I'm only one pair of eyes.

I've implemented a workaround that seems robust, so I'm going to
suggest the letting the issue go for now.

As for Tadziu's underlining directly with postscript code, the
last posted version works like a charm.  Although it proved to be
somewhat trickier than expected, I've incorporated his contribution
into the mom macros.  It'll appear in the next release.  Thanks a
million, Tadziu.

--
Peter Schaffter

Author of The Binbrook Caucus