Re: [Groff] opentype and postscript fonts

From: Pierre-Jean
Subject: Re: [Groff] opentype and postscript fonts
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 23:20:24 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > The standart AR macro
>
> Macro?  You mean groff font file, right?

Yes, of course.

> BUT: You can use FontForge to load any font, then converting it to a
> Type1 font and an AFM file.  I just tried it for `Linux Biolinum'
> (from the Libertine family): The AFM file has a whopping size of
> 2.6MByte, with 2479 glyph metrics and 109131 kernpairs...

You're right, it's astonishing.

I think that I'm gonna use the Libertine font for some time
to learn how to deal with all these addons, and to make
comparisons with our usual fonts.

So, fontforge produce better results than lcdf-typetools
here.

Thanks for your help and for the link to the Libertine font.

Pierre-Jean.