Re: [Groff] refer help

From: Pierre-Jean
Subject: Re: [Groff] refer help
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 19:35:16 +0200

Peter Schaffter <address@hidden> wrote:

> Still not happy about refer not having a mechanism for dealing with
> multiple works by the same author, but it's way beyond my expertise
> to fix that.

Hello,

I've got a macro that take care of that: Isobib.tmac.
It has been made to respect the iso-690-2 bibliography
standart, that I have to follow in France.

The macro also replace some fields of the reference by
"Idem." and "op. cit. p. xx" when needed, and build an index
of references.

I don't know how far away it is to MLA, but it should be
easy to adapt.

The onliest real problem is that I made it for the ms macro,
and not for the mom macro, but at the end of the file, there
is a section  called "USE STANDART GROFF MACRO" which can be
modified for that.

I had written my master II thesis with it a few month ago,
and the result was quite good. I've made a lot of changes
since that moment, and haven't fully tested it after that,
so there might have regressions.

It is based on the refer section from the ms macro by James
Clark, is licensed under gplv3, and has got a manual page
and an example file.

I would have like to publish it somewhere (but where?) in a
few weeks (after some more tests and probably some fixes),
but since it could help now, here it is (if the mailing list
accept attachments).

Comments and bugs are welcome.

Pierre-Jean.