Re: [Groff] opentype and postscript fonts

From: Pierre-Jean
Subject: Re: [Groff] opentype and postscript fonts
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2010 18:55:58 +0200

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > 1) OpenType font format is just an encapsulation of TrueType fonts
> > or PostScript fonts.
>
> This is a exaggerating simplification, but I think you are aware of
> that fact.

I'm not aware about font formats... And so, I've got a last
question:

The standart AR macro contain information about kerning.
Should these informations be manually added after conversion
from .otf to groff font, or are they part of the .pfa font?

> Well, a real free font family is, for example, Linux Libertine:
>
>   linuxlibertine.sf.net
> It has more than 2400 glyphs and many glyph variants.

Very nice font! My script works as expected with it. But,
since it only deal with variants glyphs (named
glyph.variation), a lot of things must be manually done:
looking at the glyphs in the font, and building handy macro to
access them easilly.

Pierre-Jean.