Re: [Groff] refer help

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] refer help
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2010 12:40:25 +0100

Hi Peter,

> The first is that refer doesn't appear to recognize named glyphs in a
> refer database, eg "Encyclop\[ae]dia Britannica" comes out as
> "Encyclop dia Britannica" and "Antoine de St-Exup\['e]ry" as "Antoine
> de St-Exup ry".  Is there a solution to this, or a known workaround?

Have you a little example?  A small database, groff input, and the
command line to show it up?  For those of us who don't use refer much it
means we have something to follow through the source code with.

> %A \C'Blow2'\[duplicate]
> Is \C the best choice, or is there another?

\w?  Or is

    .de foo
    ..
    %A \*[foo Blow2]\[duplicate]

valid?  You could define your own foo that does nothing to make it clear
that's the intent.

Cheers,
Ralph.