[Groff] Tables breaking across pages

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: [Groff] Tables breaking across pages
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 15:43:46 -0400

I'm not sure when this started happening, or why, but I can reproduce it in
1.19.3 and in the CVS version.

Following is an example. Note that there's no .TS H/.TH pair.

mac-lkollar:/tmp lkollar$ cat test.n
.\" ---- begin example ----
.\" format with   groff -ms -t test.n >test.ps
.LP
This is a test, this is only a test.
If this had been an actual document,
there would have been something to read.
.sp 7.5i
.TS
;
cb | cb || cb
cb | cb || cb
a  | a  || l .
Current Smart   Server sends    Result
Download State  OACK?   \^
=
disabled        Yes     Smart downloading enabled
_
enabled No      Smart downloading disabled
_
enabled Different       Smart downloading disabled
\^      value   \^
.TE
.LP
This has been a test.
.\" ----- end example -----

MacOSX 10.4.11, Intel, groff compiled locally.

Any ideas? I can bracket tables in .KS/.KE as a workaround (confirmed), but
that shouldn't be needed.

-- Larry