Re: [Groff] tbl: contolling table width

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] tbl: contolling table width
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2010 16:17:03 +0200 (CEST)

>> Are you using the expand global option?  See tbl(1).  That makes
>> the table as wide as the line.
>
> No.  It doesn't allow me to decide which column to stretch.

Then what about the `x' column specifier?  (This is in groff 1.20.1.)

       x,X    An expanded column.  After computing all column widths
              without an x specifier, use the remaining line width for
              this column.  If there is more than one expanded column,
              distribute the remaining horizontal space evenly among
              the affected columns (this is a GNU extension).  This
              feature has the same effect as specifying a minimum
              column width.