Re: [Groff] Odd adjusting behavior

From: brian m. carlson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Odd adjusting behavior
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 04:37:03 +0000

On Sat, Jul 03, 2010 at 02:11:13AM +0100, Deri James wrote:
> As all the commands after "brian m. carlson" are introduced with apostrophes
> no breaks occur until the final .br (at which time .ad b is in effect rather
> than the earlier .ad c).
>
> If you replace all the apostrophes with periods all works as you desire
> because the .ft  R causes an implied break (at which point .ad c is in
> effect).

Right.  I'm aware of that and specifically chose the apostrophes.
Because my code must handle both blocks and inlines, I generally try to
make it generic and use the apostrophes and simply output a break when
necessary (between blocks).  I think I'll just emit an extra br request.
Thanks for the response.