[Groff] Odd adjusting behavior

From: brian m. carlson
Subject: [Groff] Odd adjusting behavior
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 23:31:20 +0000

I'm working on autogenerating some troff input for a project of mine,
but I found some very odd behavior with the ad request.  My testcase is
attached.  If you run groff with -rTC=1, my name is properly centered
and in italics (as desired).  However, if you do not, my name is left
adjusted.

It seems a little odd to me that a break *after* the text, but *before*
another change of adjustment is required to make this work.  Is this
behavior intentional?