Re: [Groff] Groff 1.19.2 and 1.20.1 differences

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Groff 1.19.2 and 1.20.1 differences
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 00:25:32 +0400

Tadziu Hoffmann:

   The  error   must  have been introduced between
   1.19.2 and 1.19.3, and it's a bug  in  the   mm
   macros, not in troff, as you can see by sourc-
   ing the 1.19.2 mm  macros  with  troff  1.20.1
   (and vice versa).

   If you edit the current mm macros and move the
   address@hidden call in the definition  of  the
   paragraph macro outside the conditional (as in
   the  1.19.2  mm  macros)   (and   additionally
   delete the devtag macro calls because the seem
   to introduce unwanted empty  lines),  I  think
   you get the correct behavior.

I  have determined that this bug was introduced in
the version 2.33 of m.tmac. The difference between
2.32 and 2.33 is very little -- just one line that
moves the call to  par[at]doit inside  the  condi-
tion.

The  patch's  description  says it immplements the
skipping of .P after .H. I suggest that this patch
should be undone because it introduced the bug.

Anton