Re: [Groff] Replacing groff with troff?

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Replacing groff with troff?
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:31:12 +0100

It's a reminder never to use BSD... On a cursory reading,
it wasn't clear how mdocml produces printable output.

I've found -man excellent, and also very simple to use,
and if the page is written properly produces very good
printed copy. In conjunction with viewers such as TkMan,
very quick for scanning online man pages. Not so good for
long documents due to lack of contents, cross-reference
and indexing.

    Denis

PS I used troff in the 1970s, ditroff in the 80s and groff
since about 1990, and I've been a fan of it right from the
start, it was just so much better. Although cripplingly
slow back then, it suddenly took on lightning speed about
1999 (as mentioned by others).