Re: [Groff] Questions about the MM macro package

From: Mike Bianchi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Questions about the MM macro package
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 07:42:07 -0400

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 12:25:17AM +0400, Anton Shepelev wrote:
>       :
> I have followed you instructions and still couldn't eliminate
> the vertical margins. This is my document:

> .de TP
> ..
> .de EOP
> ..
> .PGFORM 30n 19v 0u 1
> .PH
> .VM 0u 0u
> .
> Hello, let's test some lists:
> .AL
> .LI
> One
> .P
> The first element it was.
> .LI
> Two
> .P
> Now we approaching a horrible and fearful
> margin -- the bottom margin of the page,
> beyond which unknown things await us. Let
> us close the list.
> .LE
> .P
> List closed.
>
> And here's the output (not the 5-line space between the
> contents of the first page and the second):
>
> Hello, let's test some lists:
>
>   1.  One
>
>       The   first  element  it
>       was.
>
>   2.  Two
>
>       Now  we  approaching   a
>       horrible   and   fearful
>       margin   --  the  bottom
>       margin   of   the  page,
>       beyond   which   unknown
>                                 < This is
>                                 < the empty
>                                 < space I
>                                 < am talking
>                                 < about.
>       things  await us. Let us
>       close the list.
>
> List closed.

Let's try again:

I've commented out .PGFORM, .PH and .VM.

I've replaced them with the nroff/troff/groff basic commands
        .pl             page length
        .ll             line length
        .po             page offset

Look at the groff(7) man page
        man 7 groff

pr -o8 -t i1
        .de TP
        ..
        .de EOP
        ..
        .ll 30n
        .pl 19v
        .po 0
        \#      .PGFORM 30n 19v 0u 1
        \#      .VM 0u 0u
        .
        Hello, let's test some lists:
        .AL
        .LI
        One
        .P
        The first element it was.
        .LI
        Two
        .P
        Now we approaching a horrible and fearful
        margin -- the bottom margin of the page,
        beyond which unknown things await us. Let
        us close the list.
        .LE
        .P
        List closed.