Re: [Groff] Questions about the MM macro package

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Questions about the MM macro package
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 15:01:53 +0400

Tadziu Hoffmann:

>> I have followed you instructions and still couldn't eliminate
>> the vertical margins. [...]
>
>> .VM 0u 0u
>
> Use ".VM -T 0u 0u".  Without the "-T", the arguments specify
> *extra* space to add.

Thank you, and sorry for the bothering. I did read
it in the man-page but misunderstood. Thought 'extra'
meant 'additional to the page height'.

If it wasn't due to my bad English, may I suggest
a different wording:

Increments the top and bottom margins by _top_ and _bottom_
accordingly. If option -T is specified, sets those margins
to _top_ and _bottom_.

I think that would be clearer.

Anton