Re: [Groff] pspic: Text around picture?

From: dan
Subject: Re: [Groff] pspic: Text around picture?
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 10:05:59 -0500

Thank you for your "rose" demonstration code.  It, itself, works.
I know a less than necessary to fully understand it, but so far
so good.

For clarity, the environment here is groff 1.18.1 under OSX 10.3.9
on a 17" G4 Powerbook.  The EPS graphics I want to place as inline
"words" are conversions of Excel graphs as tiffs to EPS files via
Lemke's Graphic Converter 6.3.  There are thirty of these to insert.

However, I find myself unable to set an appropriate bounding box
for these graphic in that any attempt on my part to modify this
one line of your example,

   172 173 259 260 \\n[.ps]''\&\h'\\n[.ps]u'

fails -- fails in the sense of setting appropriate llx/lly/urx/ury
values.  My semi-methodical attempts to modify these one at a time
and see what happens have mostly resulted in infinitesimally small
graphics or appropriately sized graphics that are not within the
space reserved for them inline but rather elsewhere and overprinting
other things.  Besides telling me to get an education, what is
your advice?

Thank you in advance.

--dan