[Groff] preserve ascii escape characters from input

From: Leonardo Boiko
Subject: [Groff] preserve ascii escape characters from input
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 15:00:54 -0300

Hi.  I’m new to troff, and I’m trying to write a simple manpage
listing ANSI escape sequences.  It would be neat if I could provide
examples of the sequences’ output in the very manpage itself, but for
that I’d need to preserve ASCII escape characters (\033, '') that I
wrote in the input file.  Groff seems to eat them away.  Is there a
way to prevent this, or some troff command I can use to output ASCII
033?

Due to the various meanings of the word “escape” and to groff’s use of
ANSI escapes in output, I’m having trouble trying to search docs on
this…

--
Leonardo Boiko—SI
http://www.ime.usp.br/~leoboiko