Re: [Groff] New tbl warnings in CVS version

From: Tadziu Hoffmann
Subject: Re: [Groff] New tbl warnings in CVS version
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 00:25:08 +0100

>>> That's pretty likely, the overshoot is not easily noticed.

>> There appear to be two different kinds of warnings:

> I was imprecise.  I've meant to add some fuzziness control so
> that a small squeeze doesn't cause a warning.

We seem to be misunderstanding each other.

Perhaps by "overshoot not visible to the eye" you did not mean
that a table a little wider than the line length would not be
noticed, but rather that a little squeezing wouldn't be noticed
(in which case there wouldn't technically be an overshoot, if
groff has managed to squeeze the table to the line width; that
the "natural" width of the table is larger than the line length
is only noticeable when the "expand" option is turned off).