[Groff] gs and grops problems

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: [Groff] gs and grops problems
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 23:13:17 +1100

Hello Folks,

As I upgraded to SnowLeopard I have two problems:

- I can't build ghostcript, neither binary nor source installation, neither
fink nor macport, nor downloading source and install.
  I wonder whether one of you installed ghostscript successfully under Snow.

- it seems that grops that came with 10.6.2 has a problem with any input:

           grops:<standard input>:4:fatal error: cannot create temporary file:
No such file or directory

  Ralph was kind enough to suggest some remedy re what file it can't create,
but it did not show anything.

  I wonder whether Werner could look-up this error message in the source code
and say what the problem is.

Thanks,

Miklos