Re: [Groff] testing?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] testing?
Date: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 11:46:04 +0100 (CET)

> Anyone willing to give my new mmhtml.tmac macros a test?

I'm not of much help here since I don't use the mm stuff.  However,
here some remarks regarding the coding style and other minor issues.

. Don't include the whole file into a large `if' block.  It's more
  efficient (and easier to read) if you say

    .do if '\*[.T]'html' .nx

  (Note the use of `.do' so that you can use the \*[...] notation
  which doesn't exist for legacy troff.)

. You should also protect against multiple inclusion of the file:

    .do if d address@hidden .nx

. Please use `empty' lines, some indentation, and line continuation
  marks for better vertical formatting.  This helps a lot to have
  lines which don't exceed the desired length of 80 characters.  For
  example, don't say

    .de foo
    .if XXX .ds xxx
    ..