[Groff] groff data structures

From: Chuck Robey
Subject: [Groff] groff data structures
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 16:01:34 -0500

I need to have (for an html project of mine, which you all know about by now) a
stack data structure.  I know one *really* klugy way to do it, by having a
number register which counts the depth of my stack, and then having a variable
which is concatenated to form a name like "name0", "name1", etc, so I can
automatically reference the top variable when I want.

I was wondering if there might be a cleaner way to do it, or if I really must
commit this code atrocity.  Don't get me wrong, having at least 1 way to do it
is one hell of a long way better than having NO way, but I wanted to make sure
that some cleaner method doesn't exist.  I'll really be in your debt if you can
point me towards some cleaner way to do this.

Else, my code is gonna be truly write-only in character.  Remember APL?  mine
will be worse!