Re: [Groff] grohtml again

From: Chuck Robey
Subject: Re: [Groff] grohtml again
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 20:35:37 -0500

Robert Thorsby wrote:
> On 29/12/09 12:01:07, Chuck Robey wrote:
>> Look, I think I'm going to probably bore
>> the list to death over the rather dense
>> topic of the html macros, so unless I get
>> some comments here and now, I'll take
>> this private to Gaius Mulley and Werner Lemberg.
>
> Bearing in mind that this is a low traffic list and that the topics
> covered range from "Where is the 'any' key" to stuff that exists only
> in the stratosphere, I hope that you continue the discussion through
> the list.
>
> I, for one, won't be bored -- bamboozled, perhaps -- but never bored.
> Besides, macros is what groff is all about.
>
> My $0.02.

Of course, I got this right after AI sent my mail to Gaius Mulley and Werner
Lemberg.  I asked them to decide about bothering the list, so I'll leave it up
to them, such a thing as this is really, really going to raise the noise level
here (for the short term) so I want to be certain I won't be irritating a bunch
of folks.  I'm too new on this list to be willing to launch off something this
big without a bit of trepidation.

You ever see the Sam's book on Unix system typesetting?  I think I saw a pdf of
it on the web a year or two ago, (I have TWO printed copies of it!), and you
ought to consider looking at it, it's easily the most readable things on all
aspects of roff programming available.  You need to have several of the things
from Bell Labs available while you read macros, but it's a really, really good
start on things.