Re: [Groff] Filling the last line before new indent

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Filling the last line before new indent
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:57:54 +1100

Thanks Werner,

This is a useful thing, I am sure I'll find some applications for it.
I guess that the @ characters mark the begin/end of "anything", and that these markers could be any
characters not in "anything".

Miklos

On 18/12/2009, at 04:38 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I'd like to try to adapt this to my macro but I can not find the
definition of Z anywhere.  Not in man groff, not in man grops.  What
does it do?

There are two groff man pages, one for the binary (which is in
section 1) and one for the language (in section 7).  Try

 man 7 groff

which gives

\Z’anything’
  Print <anything> and then restore the horizontal and vertical
  position; <anything> may not contain tabs or leaders.

`info groff' has the same text (in section `Page Motions') plus this
example:

    The following is an example of a strike-through macro:

         .de ST
         .nr ww \w'\\$1'
         address@hidden'-.25m'\l'\\n[ww]u'@\\$1
         ..