Re: [Groff] Filling the last line before new indent

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] Filling the last line before new indent
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 06:38:17 +0100 (CET)

> I'd like to try to adapt this to my macro but I can not find the
> definition of Z anywhere.  Not in man groff, not in man grops.  What
> does it do?

There are two groff man pages, one for the binary (which is in
section 1) and one for the language (in section 7).  Try

  man 7 groff

which gives

 \Z’anything’
   Print <anything> and then restore the horizontal and vertical
   position; <anything> may not contain tabs or leaders.

`info groff' has the same text (in section `Page Motions') plus this
example:

     The following is an example of a strike-through macro:

          .de ST
          .nr ww \w'\\$1'
          address@hidden'-.25m'\l'\\n[ww]u'@\\$1
          ..