Re: [Groff] Filling the last line before new indent

From: Ted Harding
Subject: Re: [Groff] Filling the last line before new indent
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 19:54:01 -0000 (GMT)

On 10-Dec-09 10:26:55, Miklos Somogyi wrote:
> Ted,
> The ".ie" is using just that, but the last line above the figure is
> not filled after HELLO.
> Not even if I put some 8 hello after it, it is not getting right
> justified.
> There must be a way to seamlessly accommodate a figure/picture without
> fiddling with the text before calling the picture drawing macro.
>
> Miklos

Hi Miklos,
The folowing is a skeleton of something which might do what you want.
(I confess I overlooked some details of your first post, since they
were hidden in image/pbg attachments; and the three text/plain
attachments were empty).

First I have created a primitive EPS image in temp.eps:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 36 72
newpath
0 0 moveto
0 72 rlineto
36 0 rlineto
0 -72 rlineto
closepath
fill
showpage

All this does is draw a filled rectangle. Then I have stripped
out most of the detail in your ps_leftl macro (since it referred
to things I had no information about), and set up the following
troff input file:

.nr p_in 48000
.de oldind
'in
..
.de ps_leftl
.mk temp
.wh \n[temp]u+144p+1v oldind
'in \\n[p_in]u
\Z'\h'-\\n[.k]u'\v'0.25v'\X'ps: import temp.eps 0 72 36 144 36000''\c
..
hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello
hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello hello HELLO
.
.ps_leftl
.
[...]

The BoundingBox of temp.eps is 0 0 36 72 ; the use of 0 72 36 144
in the \X'...' (i.e. with 72 added to lly and ury) has the effect
of causing the graphic to be placed with a vertical displacement
of 72p downwards.

In the ps_leftl macro, a vertical position trap is set for the
execution of 'in (to restore the original indent).

Maybe the above can be adapted to your detailed needs?
Ted.

E-Mail: (Ted Harding) <address@hidden>
Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 094 0861
Date: 10-Dec-09                                       Time: 19:53:58