Re: [Groff] I am tired

From: Walter Alejandro Iglesias
Subject: Re: [Groff] I am tired
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 11:49:03 +0100

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 10:38:08AM +0100, Patrik Schindler wrote:

> Am 03.12.2009 um 10:19 schrieb Walter Alejandro Iglesias:
>
> >2) Is it too difficult to write my own macros for footnotes?
>

> Don't know but I won't bother reinventing the wheel. There are
> plenty of ready-made macro sets with footnote-ability.
>

> >3) In case I decide to use the ms, me, mom, etc.  Which of them is the
> >better solution to my needs (novel a4 paper)?
>

> If you're already experienced with LaTeX, perhaps mom fould fit you
> best. There's plenty of docs here: http://web.ncf.ca/fs222/mom/
> mom-01.html
>
> I prefer "me" but mostly for historical reasons (I begun with me
> years ago and am too lazy to learn something new).
>
> Another good thing to look at would be ms.
>
> :wq! PoC

This is what I've done till now:

.\" eshyph.tmac
.hla es
.hy 2
.hpf hyphen.es

----------------------------

.\" pagelayout.tmac
.
.\" General settings.
.ps 16          \" Point size body text
.vs 22          \" general vertical spacing
.pl 29.7c       \" Page length.
.po 3.5c        \" Left margin.
.ll 14c         \" Line length
.lt 14c         \" Title length
.
.\"Header
.de hd
'       sp 2c           \" tl base
.       if \\n%>2 \{\
.       tl ''''
.       \}
.       ps              \" restore size
.       ft              \" restore font
.       vs              \" restore vs
'       sp 1c           \" space 1cm
..
.\" Footer
.de fo
.       ps 12           \" footer/header font size
.       vs 16           \" base-line spacing
.       ft I            \" font
'       sp 1c
.       if \\n%>2 \{\
.       tl ''- % -'' \} \" centered page number
'       bp
..
.
.wh 0 hd                \" trap at top of the page
.wh -5.5c fo            \" trap from bottom
.
.\" Chapter macro definition
.de chapter
.       in 0
.       ft B
.       ce 1
.       ps 22
.       vs 22
.       sp 3c           \" prespace
..
.
.\" Title macro definition
.de title
.       in 0
.       nf
.       ft B
.       ps 16
.       vs 22
.       sp 1c
.       ne 2
..
.
.\" Subtitle macro definition
.de subtitle
.       in 0
.       nf
.       ft B
.       ps 16
.       vs 22
.       sp .8c
.       ne 2
..
.
.\" Block paragraph macro.
.de lp
.       in 0
.       ft R            \" Font Roman.
.       ps 16           \" Point size body text
.       vs 22           \" vertical spacing
.       po 3.5c         \" Left margin.
.       ll 14c          \" Line length
.       sp .4c
.       fi              \" Filled paragraph.
.       ne 2            \" no orphaned.
..
.
.\" First line indented paragraph.
.de pp
.       in 0
.       ft R
.       ps 16           \" Point size body text
.       vs 22           \" general vertical spacing
.       po 3.5c         \" Left margin.
.       ll 14c          \" Line length
.       ti +1m
.       fi
.       ne 2            \" no orphaned.
..
.\" No filled.
.de verse
.       ft R
.       ps 16           \" Point size body text
.       vs 22           \" general vertical spacing
.       po 3.5c         \" Left margin.
.       ll 14c          \" Line length
.       sp .3c
.       in 1m
.       nf
.       ne 2            \" no orphaned.
..
.\" End pagelayout.tmac

Surely an advanced user will find errors and incoherency, but calling
this two macros form the master file I get exactly what I want.
Except widow control and footnotes.

I've tried to get the same format with me, ms, mom but I didn't got a
result that feed my needs.  If it takes me more time and it is more
painful to learn how to do what I want with macros, where is the
business?

Does some macro deal with widow control?