Re: [Groff] header and footer in a cv with -mom

From: Jan-Herbert Damm
Subject: Re: [Groff] header and footer in a cv with -mom
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 17:03:53 +0100

Hello all,

i am picking up my on my own post. It seems the issue was too specific, since
i didn't get an answer in the summer. Now i am trying to be very general (even
if this is
still only a mom-issue..., Peter?).

I cannot reproduce the following example from the mom documentation:

---snip-from-momdoc/headfootpage.html----

Example 1

If you want the same header and footer on every page, here's how you'd do it.

    .HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS \          +-----------------------+
    C "\E*[$TITLE]" \               |         Title         |
    L "^\E*[$AUTHOR]#\*[PAGE#]^"    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    |                       |
                                    | Author          Pg. # |
                                    +-----------------------+
-----end-snip----------

I am using this file:

-------begin-momfile---
.AUTHOR "Jan-Herbert Damm"
.PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
.TITLE "Test-Document"
.PAPER A4
.HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS \
C "\E*[$TITLE]" \
L "^\E*[$AUTHOR]#\*[PAGE#]^"

.START

some text
more text

.NEWPAGE

another page
smore text

.NEWPAGE

yet another page
and more text

.NEWPAGE

AND AN OTHER ONE
----end-momfile---

i run:

groff -mom -P-pa4 test.mom > test.ps

or just:

groff -mom test.mom > test.ps

with the same effect:

A regular Docheader on the first page and just lines for headers and footers
on subsequent pages.

groff-version is:

address@hidden:~$ which groff
/usr/local/bin/groff
address@hidden:~$ /usr/local/bin/groff --version
GNU groff version 1.20.1

the file /usr/local/share/groff/.../tmac/om.tmac

contains a line stating:

version 1.5-c

Where am i going wrong?

thanks