Re: [Groff] Integer arithmetic

From: Miklos Somogyi
Subject: Re: [Groff] Integer arithmetic
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 19:52:32 +1100

On 17/10/2009, at 07:02 PM, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

I consider the groff mailing as a kind of archive which collects
useful tips regarding the troff suite.  Your tar bundle is part of
that bundle.

I appreciate that. But I don't think that it would inspire people to
write directly to the archive.

Well, yes.  Material like your bundle should be available more
easily.  A longer time ago I've started to collect contributions at

 http://groff.ffii.org/groff/contrib/

and right now I've added it to

 http://groff.ffii.org/groff/contrib/documentation/ps-in-groff/

Sorry for the delay of three years...

Unfortunately, its importance for GNU documentation is zero.
Officially, the GNU people prefer the texinfo documentation system.

Werner, my point is: why is it zero for them?

Because Stallman has decided to use texinfo as the official GNU
documentation tool.  The importance of GNU roff itself is
acknowledged, but it is not as important as, say, gcc.

Because it's just me who works on groff from time to time, noone
else.  And I have a lot of other things to do.

Werner, my question is not why you don't do more, but why are you
alone?

Because noone steps forward and helps.

As a retired gentleman I planned to help a bit. Unfortunately Mr blazing cancer intervened and left me with some 35,000 lines of PS-Perl-groff source to document. If I can finish the job, there will be many groff routines to do good graphics.
More likely than not, all will go to the round file.

Miklos