Re: [Groff] header and footer in a cv with -mom

From: Jan-Herbert Damm
Subject: Re: [Groff] header and footer in a cv with -mom
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 12:11:01 +0200

Peter Schaffter schrieb:

> What's messing things up is \*[SIZE <n>].

> Thus, where you've used \*[SIZE 9] and \*[SIZE 8], you should use
> instead \E*S[9] and \E*S[8], respectively.
>
> Given that this is a significant issue, it would be a great help
> if you could suggest a good place in the headers and footers
> documentation for me to mention it and thus provide a link to the
> above NOTE.

I suggest to add a sentence after this

5.6 PAGE HEADERS AND FOOTERS
        ==> 5.6.5 Managing Headers/Footers
                ==> HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS
----snip----
Unlike the macros, HEADERS and FOOTERS, HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS requires that you
supply the
information you want in the headers and footers yourself. Mom does no automatic
generation of
things like the title and the author in headers and footers when you're using
HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS.
Furthermore, style changes — family, font, pointsize, colour, capitalization,
etc — are entirely
your responsibility and must be made with inline escapes in the arguments
passed to "<recto header
string>", "<recto footer string>", etc. By default, mom sets the headers and
footers created with
HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS in the same family, font, point size, capitalization style
and colour as
running text.
----snip---

Here i would add somethin like:

"Note that you have to respect mom's special invokation of Point Sizes while
in Document Processing."

and have a link pointing to the mentioned NOTE CONCERNING DOCUMENT PROCESSING in

                Inline escapes
                =>Inlines index
                   =>Mom's personal inlines
                        =>Changing point size

> > There is no footer on page 1
>
> Add
>
>     .FOOTER_ON_FIRST_PAGE
>
> By default, mom doesn't put a footer on page one.
>
> > and inexplicable header and footer-rules on subsequent pages.
>
> Add
>
>     .HEADER_RULE off
>     .FOOTER_RULE off
>
> Hope this addresses all your issues.  If there's anything else,
> don't hesitate to ask for help.

Thanks for these Hints!
Yet i still havn't gotten it right.

The following setup seems to wipe out all Headers and Footers.
why?

########### snip from cv.mom ##########
.PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
.PAPER A4
.AUTHOR "Jan-Herbert Damm"
.TITLE "Curriculum Vitae"
.DOCHEADER OFF
\#
.L_MARGIN 2c
.R_MARGIN 2c
.T_MARGIN 6P
.B_MARGIN 6P
\#
.HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS \
CENTER "\s[9]\l'12P'\h'2P'jan-herbert damm - generalist\h'2P'\l'12P'" \
CENTER "\E*[S8]jan-herbert damm, xxx"
\#
.HEADER_RULE OFF
.FOOTER_RULE OFF