Re: [Groff] PDF navigation hyperlinks

From: Larry Kollar
Subject: Re: [Groff] PDF navigation hyperlinks
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 22:53:06 -0400

Ken Smith wrote:

Is there a way to conditionally define the .XN macro so that, when I'm
building my HTML document, it is a no-op that returns its arguments
verbatim to be considered as content?

Something like this should work (I haven't tested):

.rn XN XN-old
.de XN
.ie '\*[.T]'html' .nop \\$*
.el .XN-old
..

The .T string contains the argument to -T.

What I did with my rig (based on -ms) was to define a new heading macro that calls the appropriate pdf directives to build the bookmarks (when built with -Tps) or inserts the correct markup (-Thtml).

        Larry