Re: [Groff] header and footer in a cv with -mom

From: Peter Schaffter
Subject: Re: [Groff] header and footer in a cv with -mom
Date: Wed, 19 Aug 2009 11:06:48 -0400

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009, Jan-Herbert Damm wrote:
> I am trying to write a CV using groff -mom. I want to have a special Header
> and Footer to every Page.
>
> from the excellent documentation i gather that i should use the typesetting
> macros (as opposed to document-processing which covers letters and chapters
> etc but not special cases like CVs) Thus the doc-processing headermacros won't
> help.

You have to be in "document processing mode" to generate page
headers and footers with mom.  However, you can disable any visible
feature of document processing you choose (e.g. the docheader, if,
say, you wanted to design your own title information for the start
of a document) and use only what you want from either the document
processing macros or the typesetting macros to design your CV.

> With mom I can't find a way to place my header and footer appropriately on the
> top and bottom of the pages. Am i missing something or do i have to go into
> groffs internals (primitives) to do this?
>
> If so a hint on where to RTFM is greatly appreciated.

Section 5.6.5 Managing headers/footers => HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS

Briefly, HEADERS_AND_FOOTERS allows you to have both headers and
footers on the same page, and to say precisely what goes in them.

--
Peter Schaffter