Re: [Groff] Problem using groffer with evince

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [Groff] Problem using groffer with evince
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2009 13:25:46 +0100

Hi,

> Whatever the reason for the differences we're seeing, it seems clear
> that this is what's making evince unsuitable for use with groffer for
> Blake unless he stops groff deleting the temporary file.  Perhaps
> there's some option to evince that'll make #2 do the work itself, as
> if it couldn't contact #1.  I've asked on the #evince IRC channel on
> irc.gnome.org.

OK, Kal is back from lunch on #evince.  There isn't a command-line
option to make #2 not exit.  #2 hands the work over to #1 using D-Bus.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D-Bus

If evince is compiled without D-Bus support, each evince will act
independently.  I'd guess that would also be the case if the D-Bus
daemons weren't running.

Cheers,

Ralph.