[Groff] Indented paragraphs in MOM

From: Blake McBride
Subject: [Groff] Indented paragraphs in MOM
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 02:05:49 -0500

Greetings,

I am using lists in MOM and am having the following difficulties.

.IL works but .ILX has no effect in lists.

Given:

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
.LIST DIGIT
.ITEM
The first item.
.IL 3m
.PP
Some paragraph text. Some paragraph text. Some paragraph text.
Some paragraph text. Some paragraph text. Some paragraph text.
.ILX
.LIST alpha
.ITEM
The first sub-item
.ITEM
The second sub-item
.LIST OFF
.LIST OFF

This outputs:

Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their party.
1. The first item.
            Some paragraph text.  Some Paragraph text.....
            a) The first sub-item
            b) The second sub-item

The sub-list ("The first sub-item...") gets indented along with "Some
Paragraph Text....." paragraph.  If I take the .ILX out it makes no
difference in the output.  I have to replace the .ILX with:

.IL -3m

in order to get the result I seek.  While this works, I think it is wrong.
The .ILX should work.

Thanks.

Blake McBride