Re: [Groff] Hyphenation with Russian

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Hyphenation with Russian
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 19:04:48 +0400

Thank you for the reply, Werner!

I  have  found  all  the  files:  koi8-r.tmac,  ru.tmac  and
hyphen.ru (in the koi8-r  encoding).  The  koi8-r.tmac  file
consists of lines like:

  .trin \[char186]\[u2568]

and  I believe it maps UTF-8 to KOI8-R, hence I cocluded the
input file should be in the UTF-8  encoding.  But  alas!  it
didn't work, reporting errors like this:

  can't find special character `u2568'

But  these characters are mentioned in the koi8-r.tmac file,
so I don't understand what happens...

Anton

PS: I have made sure that the koi8-r mapping file is used by
    renaming it and calling nroff with -mru.