Re: [Groff] Handling '...'

From: Clarke Echols
Subject: Re: [Groff] Handling '...'
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:28:49 -0600

I use a simple string: .\^.\^. and precede it with \& if at first
of line.  Or you could add the \& in every case.  It's much easier
to read in source files than figuring out what the string is --
especially for someone who "inherits" the file for later maintenance.

Using .\|.\|. is too "spread out", but the \^ space looks very nice,
and is much simpler.  If you use the vi editor, you can define an
abbreviation so that whenever you type ... the editor changes it to
the expanded form for you.

I've been using vi for near 25 years now and still love it.  With
that and groff, who needs Microjunk's Word?

Clarke