[Groff] Re: Mysteries of .em request

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: [Groff] Re: Mysteries of .em request
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 17:43:35 +0100

Werner,
Oh Ah ...
I've long been baffled by the .em macro, not
knowing how to get it to emit more than one final page,
disastrous for split tables, floats, indexes and so on.
I have long resorted to an explicit user end document macro,
using .em only to ensure it is given.
Your exposition is very instructive, but who would have
guessed this...
Denis

I've just revised the documentation of .em -- maybe you haven't known
these limitations...