Re: [Groff] inability to process german umlauts

From: Jan-Herbert Damm
Subject: Re: [Groff] inability to process german umlauts
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 09:15:00 +0200

walter harms wrote on 10.04.09:

> Chris Schaller schrieb:
> > Nope. Is this considered a bug? It's just about proper vim settings.
> >
> > - Chris

i don't quite understand how this could be a bug. I rechecked the mentioned
helpfiles and the actual encoding of my vim files. It says vim will get the
encoding from $LANG which it did, setting it to utf8 (fileencoding is also set
to utf8).

Now if i understand Chris correctly, setting fenc to latin1 whereas
leaving enc as utf8 should solve the problem. That didn't work for me.
Therefore i don't see a vim configuration issue here.

Cheers

Jan