Re: [Groff] pspic: Text around picture?

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] pspic: Text around picture?
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 00:03:33 +0100 (CET)

> I have a set of macros which draw text round a rectangular hole.

Aah!  Sounds *very* interesting.

> It's hard as there is no parshape in troff. I also have a more
> reliable set which has the hole on the left or right margin. The
> hole can be filled with text or a picture.

Great!

> These belong to a comprehensive set of macros which I have been
> thinking of releasing, but I don't have the time at present. It's
> a fairly comprehensive set based on LaTeX-like ideas, but very
> different from (eg) -mom. Should I make the effort?

Please do.

> Incidentally, am I the only person to have ever used the .dt
> command?

No :-)

In

  http://groff.ffii.org/groff/contrib/macros/

you can find my ul-1.2 package which uses .dt in quite a tricky way.
However, this means that your package, whatever it does, won't be
compatible with my `ul' since there is only a single diversion trap
available.

If you like we can add your stuff too to this directory.