[Groff] groff as a library?

From: Michail Vidiassov
Subject: [Groff] groff as a library?
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 11:12:50 +0300 (MSK)

Dear All,

is there any library that works like groff - accepts a "rich" text, fonts (or font descriptions) and outputs the positions the glyphs are to be displayed at? The use I have in mind is typesetting labels in 3D models, where the actual output of glyphs as 3D meshes is done by the main program, not by the library.

           Sincerely, Michail

The other approach is to print to bitmap and use it as a texture.
I know about it, but "vector" text sometimes may be better.