Re: [Groff] GNU Bazaar import of Groff

From: Colin Watson
Subject: Re: [Groff] GNU Bazaar import of Groff
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 02:05:51 +0000

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:56:07PM +0000, Ralph Corderoy wrote:
> I just find git too repulsive on the UI front to bother using, in fact I
> actively try and avoid using it.  bzr's my preference and, since they
> concentrated on performance a few releases back, has easily coped with
> anything I use it for.

:-)

> On an aside, if Debian are to persist in sticking with their old groff
> fork, is there any chance Ubuntu may break ranks and switch back to
> Werner's latest and greatest?

I prefer not to separate my hats like that when I can avoid it; I like
having a single personality. As I said in another mail just now, getting
groff into distributed revision control was the first step for me in
getting *both* of those distributions onto something current.

(I don't believe I've ever actually claimed that Debian's old groff fork
was a good thing! I just have a very high resistance to deliberately
introducing regressions. Fortunately, with the excellent work in 1.20,
there is now not very far to go.)