Re: [Groff] GNU Bazaar import of Groff

From: Joerg van den Hoff
Subject: Re: [Groff] GNU Bazaar import of Groff
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:02:51 +0100

On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 08:04:18AM +0100, Werner LEMBERG wrote:

> > I thought some of you might be interested to know that there's now a
> > rolling import of Groff's CVS repository into GNU Bazaar
> > (http://bazaar-vcs.org/), thanks to Michael Hudson and others at my
> > employer, Canonical.
>
> Nice!  On the other hand, I would have used git...

****start of  off-topic****

hoping not to start another "what's the best revision control
system?" flame war, but:
I really would suggest to check out (pun intended) `mercurial'.
very easy to use and thus
much friendlier to the average customer (to others, too).

syntax is intentionally very svn-like.
and it's seemingly very easy to import `cvs' repositories:

hg convert {URL to cvs repository}

****end of off-topic****