Re: [Groff] Problem with -me package

From: Anton Shepelev
Subject: Re: [Groff] Problem with -me package
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 13:56:18 +0300

Mike Bianchi

To format a document of arbitrary length as _one_ nroff page
I use this trick.

First, set the page length _very_ long.
                .pl 99999

And then make the last two lines of input a line break and
setting the page length to the _current_ page length.
                .br
                .pl \\n[nl]u

Thanks for pointing out the real nroff way of doing it!

Walter Harms:
hi Anton,
can you please post the groff version and the code that caused the bug ?

groff version 1.19.2

Code:
.nr tm 0v
.nr bm 0v
Hello, Josephine; How do you do; Do you remember me, baby;
Like I remember you?

Not sure I am doing it right, maybe I just didn't
understand what the bm value means...

Anton