[Groff] Fw: Exporting index to separate file

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: [Groff] Fw: Exporting index to separate file
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:57:39 +0100 (CET)

Please advise.

    Werner
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Exporting index to separate file Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:15:19 -0700 (MST) User-agent: Alpine 2.00 (DEB 1167 2008-08-23)

Werner,

Do I understand correctly that when you dump
the diversion for the table of contents at the
end of the document run, that it would be possible
here to also write to either STDOUT or perhaps
a file the same diversion so that the table of
contents might exist, as a groff'd file for
recreation separately from the document itself ?

I am wondering if you might confirm the best
place to do the dump to a separte file for purposes
of extended index handling.

Thanks Werner, and perhaps these questions are
answered somewhere, like the mailing list :)

Scott