Re: [Groff] Line continuation

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: [Groff] Line continuation
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 08:50:57 +0100

On Sunday 26 October 2008 01:22:38 Miklos Somogyi wrote:
> I need to start the remainder at the beginning of
> the next line. That would make my groff source
> less readable:
>
>     xxx  yyyy  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>     xxx  yyyy  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>     xxx  yyyy  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww\
>     wwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>     xxx   yyyy  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
>
> I would like to push the remainder of wwwww to the right so as not
> to   obscure the  xxx  yyyy structure and ask
> groff to please disregard all these leading spaces alongside with
> the   linefeed.

Perhaps, if you gave us an example of your actual input, including
relevant requests, and the output you expect to see, it would be
easier for us to understand what you are trying to do.

Best guess, based on incomplete information: could this be what you
want?

     .nop   xxx  yyyy  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
     .nop   xxx  yyyy  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
     .nop   xxx  yyyy  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww\c
     .nop                 wwwwwwwwwwwwwww
     .nop   xxx  yyyy  wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Regards,
Keith.